The Bathurst 1000 is reaching boiling point with drivers exchanging heated words and others narrowly escaping scary collisions.
The biggest race on the Australian motorsport calendar is here with the Bathurst 1000 set to get underway.
Stream the 2019 Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000. Live & Ad-Break Free During Racing on KAYO SPORTS.
Bathurst 1000 race leaders – Lap 102/161
1. Chaz Mostert / James Moffat (Ford Supercheap Auto Racing)
2. Shane van Gisbergen / Garth Tander (Holden Red Bull Holden Racing Team)
3. Scott McLaughlin/ Alex Premat (Ford Shell V-Power Racing)
4. Jamie Whincup / Craig Lowndes (Holden Red Bull Holden Racing Team)
5. Fabian Coulthard / Tony D’Alberto (Ford Shell V-Power Racing)
Safety car madness hurts Mostert, van Gisbergen
Race leaders Chaz Mostert and Shane van Gisbergen have been badly hurt by a safety car drama which saw them stack up behind the safety car and complete a full lap before coming into the pits.
The mix-up to complete a lap behind the safety car allowed seven cars to go past them before they were able to re-stack under the yellow flag following their pit stops.
They rejoined the race in P9 and P10 before van Gisbergen did a move on Mostert at the re-start.